The St. Mark Administration and Athletic Director have determined the following eligibility requirements will apply regarding athletics and academics:
- All athletes at St. Mark are students first; therefore, academics are always the priority.
- Participating in athletics at St. Mark is a privilege, not a right.
- Academic eligibility requirements are only applicable to students participating in Junior Varsity and Varsity sports.
- A student's academic progress will be monitored during the athletic season through report cards and mid-term Edline updates.
- A student's grades are monitored by the Administration, teachers and Athletic Director only.
- Parent coaches/volunteers will not have access to their team's report cards or progress reports.
- All student-athletes will be required to have a 'C' average across all subject areas with no F's in any subject.
- If a student has a final or mid-term grade of either an 'F' or an average lower than a 'C' then letter will be sent to his/her parents.
- If a student has a final or mid-term grade of an 'F' or an average lower than a 'C' then he/she will be suspended from all play, including practices until the next Edline update. At that point, if the average is back up, they may rejoin the team.
- If a student is unable to participate in an entire sports season because of academic reasons, their registration money will be refunded. No partial-season participation refunds will be distributed.
*In addition, no middle school student may participate in more than one sport per season.